- But beware the one-size-fits-all masking approach. It will compromise the purpose for which each was created, whether Test, Dev, UAT, Training, etc.
- Beware of “Tick Box” masking, doing the quick and easy solution just to be done with it. This is “security” in name only.
- MENTIS allows you to address every purpose and every complexity with a masking option: static, dynamic, or blended data masking. But it should never be "no masking".
What is the right approach?
In most cases, static data masking is the answer: iScramble™.
- 59 different masking methods;
- Data generation for anonymization and de-identification;
- Repeatable, consistent, and comprehensive;
- Referential integrity means the data acts just like the original.
But if any decisions are to be made from a Non-Production database – such as in integration testing – then static data masking is not the answer. Use dynamic data masking, or blended data masking.
iMask™ is the dynamic data masking solution that makes security + access possible. It’s no longer either/or.
iMask™ brings unique and ground-breaking capabilities to databases and applications:
- Role-based masking;
- Conditional masking;
- Location-aware masking.
Pre-Production is critical: people depend on it and one-size generic masking just won’t work. If you can’t just scramble it, we built blended data masking for you.
MENTIS' latest invention.
- Integrated architecture combines both static (iScramble™) and dynamic data masking (iMask™) in the same environment.
- Can be embedded as security acceptance testing as part of pre-deployment checks and approval.
- A valuable alternative to straightforward scrambling for certain Non-Production databases.
Security and compliance can clash with business units. The result is a stalemate on data security and information assets remain exposed. For example, a generic Social Security number change might work for a quick security fix, but would negatively affect the application’s integrity and usability.
If your Masking solution takes a one-size-fits-all approach to protecting sensitive data, it’s not doing its job. You need masking that:
- Preserves complex data relationships;
- Enables anonymization and de-identification;
- Allows custom masking for database purposes and has segregation of duties built in;
- Covers all data sources including file servers, relational databases, hierarchical databases, and Big Data;
- Avoids the “man in the middle” approach that is the least effective.
MENTIS has the true Enterprise masking solution that is ready for whatever your teams throw at it.